Sunday 24 November 2013

Our Relatives and Friends; What are they like?

Describing personality is quite a difficult task for an English student. There's a wide range of vocabulary to describe all possible nuances. Our Advanced level class worked with a text that described different combinations of traits and sorted them out in a long list of personality types. Actually you can read more about it on this BBC website:



Then we wrote descriptions of  the people we know. Here are some of them:



My mother is a practical person and she is good at finding solutions to big problems. She is straightforward with others but sympathetic at the same time. I consider my mother an efficient and logical woman.
Ana Ibañez


My husband is absolutely different to others. He is bright, efficient, independent and thorough. He rarely changes his mind. He is a mastermind! Besides he has a special ability to fix every kind of electrical household appliances. He’s as good as gold!
Elisa García


My eldest brother sees himself as an easy going, mature and thorough person. I would say he is bright, loyal, and sympathetic. He enjoys an adrenaline rush. Actually, he’s a natural risk taker. He’s also good at solving problems.
Marta Blanco


My brother is very gentle. He’s quiet and caring. He tends to avoid conflict; therefore he never makes decisions that could hurt others. Because of that, other people take advantage of him at times. He’s the typical nurturer.
Paco Moreno


My mother is a sensitive woman, an understanding person, a peace maker. She’s stable, sociable, determined, enthusiastic and independent. She is not afraid to express her beliefs. She is a resourceful nurturer and  provider.
Pilar Ramírez


Generally easy-going, intellectually curious, independent, natural risk-taker. This person enjoys an adrenaline rush, is sensitive, an animal lover. She/he is self-critical, determined, alert, steady, and tough-minded. Sometimes she/he gets frustrated by routines. 
Graciela Loché


My friend is a classic realist. He’s mature, loyal and conscientious but can also be obsessed with programs and a bit critical.
Mª José Pons


My youngest daughter is self-sufficient, enthusiastic, forgiving, independent, organized and thorough, easy-going and intellectually curious. She’s deeply private. It can be difficult to get to know her. However, she always refuses to compromise and can be obsessed with schedules.
Pilar Mateo


I know myself very well, so I would say that I am outgoing, unfailingly straightforward with others and of course, enthusiastic and excitable. As a teacher, I think rules and laws must be seen as guidelines for behaviour, not as mandates. I am quite determined, when I have decided that something needs to be done, I do it and get on with it. Always with a positive attitude. I always make decisions based on facts and logic.
Gema Pardo



No comments:

Post a Comment