Saturday 21 December 2013

Susie Rea's project: Intimate Strangers

The 2nd year advanced level students did some interesting activities in class about a photography project called Intimate Stangers by Susie Rea. Read what the artist wrote about this project:

I walk to work. On my journey I see the same people, at the same point, and at the same time every day. We smile at each other. This gesture, the acknowledgment of one stranger to another, interests me. I introduce myself and take their photograph. The project communicates my sense of alienation within the city that I considered home and speaks of the distance we all place between ourselves and our neighbours.

Unititled 7, Intimate Strangers Series
Click on the photos to visit the project website.

Here's a link to the BBC NEWS article  and comments on this project.






POST A COMMENT yourself on the wall below.

Hecho con Padlet

1 comment:

  1. We often encounter the same people over and over again yet we do not know anything about them. Sometimes, when I run into a face that rings a bell I make up a story about his or her life, but from a quick glance in each other's eyes I can get no confirmation of my made-up tale. I guess I'll never get to know how real they are...

    ReplyDelete