Sunday 9 December 2012

Introduction

Welcome to Out & About!

I teach English in Utebo (Spain). This blog has been created to give my students the chance to practise their English outside the classroom but learners from other backgrounds will also be welcome.

There are two things I usually explain to my students when we start lessons:
One is a good language learner spends little time in class as compared with the time he or she spends  learning on his/her own.  The blue slice of this chart represents the time devoted to lessons and the orange one the time you should spend using your English outside the classroom. The second one is that companions can help us learn as much as the textbook and the teacher.
These are the reasons to be part of this blog: let's help each other to learn and let's start living our own learning experience.

I would like to share any kind of material that may help us all to learn  and use English, so this is going to be the right place to watch videos, listen to music, read texts, learn about English speaking countries,  etc, but also the place where you can write about topics of interest, even share your class compositions with other learners, where you can show your videos and photos, or simply recommend a film or a book you read. Any more ideas? Just use the comments to contribute, send an email with the material you want to publish or tell me about your project when we meet in class. I will suggest different ways to take part regularly. I'm sure  I can count on you.



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your blog!
    It's a very good idea and a big effort then I want to thank you for it! It's a nice way for students to practise and improve their english level without any doubt! And... it's free!!!

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your support. It's great to have encouraging comments. After some rather barren weeks, it makes me feel like looking for new materials to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with anonymos, thank you for your blog. I hope it isn't the end

    See you

    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll hope it isn't the end.

    ReplyDelete