Thursday 27 December 2012

Travelling by plane

Let's revise  some vocabulary related to air travel. To do so, try this crossword. The definitions come from the Macmillan online dictionary. Have fun!


What was your score?  I'm sure you did very well. Now you'll be ready for the following challenge to improve your listening skill. Let's listen to a young man from Canada describing his flight to Brussels.
  • The first time you should relax, enjoy de video, try to recognise words and get a general idea of the story.
  • The second time complete the sentences below. Choose the right option. 
  • If you like the song in the video you can  listen to it and see the lyrics by clicking  here.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Mar.
    Happy new year. This crossword is very entertainer so I am gonna do it, but in this moment it is very late, although I am gonna do it, I am sure!.
    I have a question for you, how do you say in english?: "propositos para el nuevo año".
    I would like do a list because I think it good. What are you thinking about?
    See you . Best regards. Jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello everybody and happy new year for all!
    This site it has been really useful during these free Christmas days, for taking a little relaxing time and at the same time to follow improving and practicing our English skills ;) yeah!
    May be this must be the first aim in my New Year's resolution list.
    And what about you? Have you already done your list?
    Mind if you share with us your resolutions for this new year...?

    Have a great day and keep enjoying with this blog
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! What are your New Year's resolutions?

    I'm going to do some exercise. Maybe swimming once a week and walking or I can use my daughter's Wii game "Just Dance". Have you tried it? It's good exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me think. I also would like do some exercise, but in my opinion the GYM is very boring, so I am gonna walking with my daughters and my wife. Two years ago, we couldn't arrive to "Cola de Caballo" in Ordesa's Park because my least daughter was very small, she was born in 2007, she was very strong, although she was very tired, we walked around 15 Km, and all people asked her your age because it was a fantastic adventure.
    In this summer we are gonna walk for Ordesa, we are gonna climb to "Cola de Caballo". I promised to my father, we are gonna climb with my daughters.
    Another thing I would like for this year is learn english so I am gonna study every day, let me see, some days.
    Best Regards Jose

    ReplyDelete